SurePath Capital Partners is the only boutique investment banking firm focused on the global SMB software market. Founded in 2015, with offices in Toronto and San Francisco, our goal is to be the #1 advisor in the SMB software market globally.
SurePath is seeking an Analyst to join our deal team. The ideal candidate will already have experience in a deal environment and be thinking of this as a long-term career option. You must be a self-starter and comfortable working both independently and as a part of a team that is driven by a fast-paced deal environment.
You will have ample opportunity to learn your craft under an experienced mentor. In short order you will be playing an important role in business development and client deals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build comprehensive and complex financial forecasts and valuation models, that will stand up to potential investor/buyer scrutiny
- Prepare company, industry, and market briefing documents
- Apply knowledge of accounting principles to inform financial analysis, including IFRS and GAAP
- Conduct in-depth market, industry and company research (landscape maps, market sizing, competitor analysis)
- Prepare presentations to support business development and client work
- Frequently contribute to the content and thought leadership that the firm publishes
- Conduct due diligence that includes analysis of business models, and comprehensive review of industry trends and related regulations
- Participate in deal teams to develop, present and win mandates for new opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/ Finance or another relevant undergraduate degree with superior academic performance
- Enrollment or completion of the CFA or CPA is considered an asset
- Prior experience in venture capital or investment banking and related industry practices is considered an asset
- Strong preference for candidates that have a genuine interest in the technology space
- Exceptional analytical skills, including business, financial, valuation and key software metrics
- Ability to synthesize company and market related information and understand key business drivers
- Strong ability to attentively review, assess and provide detailed information on multiple projects in an organized manner
- Must have a positive, professional attitude and interpersonal and client service skills
- Must be able to work well independently with an ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to be a part of multiple projects/initiatives of varying size and complexity, while simultaneously meeting and exceeding deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to apply:
Send a note to email@example.com with your CV.
Working At SurePath
Investment banking can be a rewarding career. In most firms, however, staff are worked to exhaustion. As a result, most careers in banking are short. We take a more long-term approach at SurePath. Time is the enemy of all deals. There is always a time to push to get deals closed. But we don't believe in work for work's sake. We pay our dues by delivering deals and growing, not by staying till 2am. Each team member learns and grows on every deal. We would hate to waste that institutional knowledge by burning people out.
If you're looking for a place where you can learn, grow, work with ambitious founders and interact with smart, sophisticated buyers and investors, you have come to the right place. A place where you can achieve your absolute best. Not just today but for the long term.